Friday

Crock Pot Steak Stew

Being a work-at-home wife has it's benefits. I've recently begun to experiment with food in my Crock Pot Slow Cooker, and have come up with the most AMAZING recipe!

Here's a gift to my readers - STEAK STEW

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs - Steak (remove fat & cut into 1" chunks)
1 lb - Yellow Squash
1 lb - Potatoes (cut into 1/2" chunks)
2 Cups - Carrots (cut into 1/2" chunks)
1 Cup - Onion (cut into wedges)
4 Cloves - Garlic (less if you're not a big Garlic fan)
32 oz - Chicken Broth (gives a nice flavor)
8-12 oz - Can of Tomato Sauce
2 Tbs - Worchestershire Sauce
1 tsp - Ground Black Pepper
1 Tbs - Allspice (I LOVE "Old Bay" in this)
8-12 oz - Can of Peas
* I recommend using Low-Sodium & Organic ingredients to make this a healthier meal.

Cooking:
Put your cut meat, squash, onions, carrots, potatoes, and garlic into your slow cooker. Stir in Chicken broth, tomato sauce, canned peas, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and allspice. Cover and cook on "High" setting for 4-5 hours - or "Low" setting for 8-10 hours.

Feel free to post a comment - and PLEASE let me know if you try this recipe and like it!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey woman! Sounds good, I am making croc pot French Onion Soup tonight. Kinda forgot about your blog here, have to read up on what's been happening :)

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home