Wednesday

Time With My Man

Life gets in the way. My husband and I lived apart 5 months this summer because of his job - and it SUCKED. If I was anything like most people I know... the break would have been a relief. Most people are married for convenience - saving some money on rent, having a trophy to parade around your friends, resolution to an unexpected pregnancy.

People I consider my friends are not that way. They are married because they are in love and can't picture spending their lifetime without the person they are married to.

Personally, I am hopelessly in love with my husband. I have been since the day we met. He's loving, loyal, gentle, funny, friggin' handsome, and sometimes charming (yes, I said sometimes - because the rest of the time he's being funny). Most importantly - he makes me feel precious and treasured.

A few nights ago we bought some wine. We came home to have dinner and catch up on a couple programs we had saved on the TiVo. The first bottle of wine went fast - the second bottle even more so.

When we got to the third bottle we started talking. We snuggled up on the couch with a blanket and just talked... about nothing in particular. It felt like our first date again. We talked until 4 in the morning.

It's so good to have him home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you two had a chance to enjoy each other again. I couldn't live without Derek that would totally suck!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home