Sunday

Getting Fit

I've joined the fitness bandwagon! Last spring my hubby and I were convinced by a friend of mine to join World Gym... and after 4 solid months of going 3-4 times a week I stepped on the scale. I hadn't lost any weight and wasn't noticing a difference in the fit of my clothes (and yes , I know muscle weighs more than fat). It was a blow to my motivation. I wanted to be hot & spicy for a cruise were going on last year - and everything I tried on just felt funny and looked awkward. I ended up only buying 2 new outfits for the trip.

So life changes - and my husband got a new job - and we quit the gym. I became a housewife and have been maintaining the same weight ever since, the same weight I've been for the last 4 years (still wearing the same old clothes)... well up until last month.

I got re-motivated to tighten and tone my body... but this time I say BOO to gyms! The meat-market is not for me. I joined Curves. I joined it and I LOVE it! In one month I've lost over 7 inches! I'm one of the top losers at the club for May!!! My pants are already too big! WHEEEE!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you.
Lady D

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, I'm happy for you as well, I didn't realize Curves worked so well...By the way I heard congrats might be in order for you as well Lady D, I hope you're doing well.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

How does Curves work, if they are not a gym? We have them all over the place but I don't know anyone who actually goes there.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Conqueress said...

It's a circuit of machines designed to target your whole body. You visit each machine 3 times in one visit - by going around the circuit spending 30 seconds at each station. They give you a target heart rate for fat burning, and you workout according to your heart rate (which you check every 8 minutes). It's very simple because there's a voice telling you when to change stations and when to check your heart rate. Oh - and it's women only.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

Ooh... I may have to check that out and maybe trade my gym membership in for that instead. I never actually go to the gym anyway... lol.

Thanks for the info. :)

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kel,

Thank you.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home