Thursday

Finding Mr. Wright (Right) Bridal Shower Story - FREE

Honestly, I have gotten sick and tired of these damn websites wanting to charge an arm and a leg for party favors. IT'S CALLED SHARING BITCHES!!! As the designated Game Master of a recent bridal shower, I decided that instead of paying $19.95 for a story, I would write my own. With that in mind - DO NOT USE THIS STORY FOR THE PURPOSE OF MAKING MONEY. IT IS ONLY MEANT FOR SHARING.

The game is very simple... wrap up 1 present for every 5 people attending the bridal shower (15 people = 3 presents if you're not a math wizard). Direct your guests to stand in a circle, and distribute the gifts to random people in the group. Every time your guests hear the word LEFT, they are to pass the gift to the LEFT. Every time your guests hear the word WRIGHT or RIGHT, they are to pass the gift to the right. It makes for a fun game of frantic gift tossing. ENJOY!!!

FINDING MR. WRIGHT
(Bride’s Name) was a shy girl who had not LEFT her house for months. She was lonely… and she realized she had reached the RIGHT age to find the RIGHT man. (Bride) stood up at that moment and LEFT to check out her old stomping ground. She knew exactly what she wanted in her Mr. RIGHT… Tall, dark, and handsome who wouldn’t be afraid to wear a ring on his LEFT hand. (Bride) was on the prowl, and at her first stop, RIGHT before her eyes she saw a man whose good looks LEFT her feeling weak. She maneuvered through the crowd, weaving LEFT, RIGHT, and LEFT again. As she got closer to him, their eyes met and it seemed like love at first sight for them both.

“FIRE!” someone shouted. RIGHT behind them a blaze had broken out in the club, and people began to scramble to the doors. Mr. RIGHT had been within her reach, but they were swept away from each other in the commotion. He shouted his name to her, but all she caught was his last name “WRIGHT”. Once outside, (Bride) was LEFT feeling hopeless with only a name to find him, “WRIGHT” she said to herself.

The following days were agonizing, knowing her Mr. WRIGHT was out there but with no good way to find him. She had looked in the phonebook, but there were so many WRIGHTS RIGHT there on the page, she didn’t want to call everyone… what would be the RIGHT thing to say? “I thought I met my Mr. RIGHT at the club the other night, but I only got his last name before I was swept RIGHT out the doors because of a fire.” She didn’t want to irritate people for no good reason… she wasn’t even sure if his name really was WRIGHT. It could be Bite, Flight, Knight… she wasn’t positive.

(Bride) decided she would just keep looking for Mr. WRIGHT. The following weekend she LEFT her house to search for him. Grocery stores, hardware stores, the gym, and many local night clubs, but once she LEFT each stop she felt close to tears. There was no sign of Mr. RIGHT anywhere. (Bride) LEFT her last stop of the night, and decided to drive to the club where she had first seen her Mr. RIGHT.

She parked her car and approached the charred remains of the building. It was a stormy evening and no one in their RIGHT mind would be out alone at this hour, but she wanted to visit this spot one last time before giving up hope of meeting Mr. RIGHT again. After a few minutes, (Bride) saw something move to her RIGHT. She knew she should have LEFT sooner. She quickly turned to see what was stirring nearby. Mr. WRIGHT was approaching, looking into her eyes and smiling. “I been waiting RIGHT here every night hoping you might come back… My name is (Groom). (Groom) WRIGHT.”

They fell deeply in love, married, and Mr. & Mrs. WRIGHT lived happily ever after… and never LEFT each other’s side, except to visit the bathroom (that would just be so not RIGHT).

THE END

54 Comments:

Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

haha That's pretty good, and funny too! I can see people busting up laughing over that one while trying to listen and play!

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED this game when we played!! And, I'm typically a non-game-liker at such events... i had a blast! :-)

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! You just saved me from spending $7 on this. I've been trying to write one, but then started searching the net. Thanks so much!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING ALL OVER FOR THIS STORY FOR HOURS AND HOURS. YOU ARE THE GREATEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE INTERNET!!! :,)

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this game with out having to pay for it. I was going to buy it and do the same! Can you believe that they want $7 for this! CRAZY

THANK YOU,
Margie

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK You SO MUCH....i've been looking and looking for this and cannot afford paying $10.00 for this for a shower I'm giving my friend. THANKS!!!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for you unselfishness. You have made my night! I am planning a party and really wanted to use this game but did NOT want to pay.
Thanks again

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! This is awesome. We appreciate your "free" game! I think that this will be a huge hit!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharing is right girlfriend! Thank you for staying true! I'm hosting a shower this weekend and was thrilled to find your game!
Janet :)

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much... I was starting to get frustrated. I wasn't going to pay for a game that I was going to use only once. You are a gem.. Thanks again

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this. As if all the other costs of a wedding weren't enough...

You are very much appreciated wherever you are today!

Tara
Bronx, NY

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a million...even played a 2nd time later in the night tipsy. what a laugh

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks alot for taking the time to post this. it i a great new game and was so glad to find it free!

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. We played this game at a shower and a friend is the maid of honor at another wedding and was looking for a really fun game. Thank you for sharing and you un-selfishness

ck

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I participated in one of these for a baby shower and thought, "How fun would this be for a bridal shower?" for my sister. Anyway, I too am tired of the sites that charge...how stupid.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the queen!!!!!!! thank you so much for sharing, and not being a greedy bitch like all the others!your story was so awesome and way better than the one you have to pay for, and so fitting for our bride and groom to be....they met at a club (no fire of course, but sparks of a different kind:)

again, you rock

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! I was going to write one myself, but decided to look for it online (free) first. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness. It saved me a lot of time, and I will be sure to share this with others! I'm certain it will be a lot of fun. We will have about 30 people and I plan to do it in two groups. I can only imagine the laughs!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Its great and im sure i'll be a big it... and i really didnt want to spend $7! Thanks!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much for posting this....I really couldn't believe a site was going to charge $7.00 to print the game. I know this will be a big hit and I really apperciate you doing this.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR SHARING....

I have already dished out enough money to make my sisters party a blast and having to pay for this game is crazy! Again, THANK YOU!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting your story. I 've heard a similar story at a baby shower and was looking for a wedding version on the internet and couldn't believe people try to make you pay for it---that's crazy.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you So Much for posting this story. I'm doing the games for my nephew's bride to be and wanted something like the one I had used at a baby shower, but also something different. This is great!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Bree said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I can't believe companies wanted $10 to print this out! It's INSANE! Thanks again.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THanks so much for posting this!! I too did not want to pay...

:)

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are awesome! Seriously...

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for posting this. It's ridiculous how much these shower games cost online.
appreciate you sharing it with all of us.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO SO very much!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to thank you! I have thrown 3 showers in the past year and have used this game at every single one! Thank you for being generous!
SAM

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!!!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly appreciate your sharing this game. Thank you very much!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much! It IS called sharing! lol You rock!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! You are generous...and awesome:)

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Rock! Thanks for being awesome. You saved a procrastinating bridesmaid that forgot about the games she was assigned. :)

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are absolutely awesome and know the true meaning of doing something out of the goodness of your heart!! Thank you sooo much!!!!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for sharing!!! I appreciate it so much!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making this possible. I'm using it for my little sister's bridal shower this weekend!!!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I found this..I'm going to use it & add some of my own story of how we really met!!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Micua said...

Thank you so much hun!!! I kept finding sites that were charging for the story and you made it alot easier!!! thanks again =)

3:23 PM  
Anonymous jules said...

Thank you so much!! I was going to try to write my own after playing the game as a mr./mrs. wright baby shower game last weekend - everyone loved it. Being assigned both that baby shower and 2 other bridal showers in a one month span, you saved my life....thank you so much!! You're the best!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your thoughts on sharing LOL and thank you sooooooo much for posting this! I just dont have time to make up a story and how nice not to have to pay $7. You're the best!

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for sharing!! You're so kind :)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your AWESOME!!!! Man I was sooo pissed when I found out I had to pay 7.00 for a 1 pg game!! lol it's soo stupid ...they do anything to get your money now a days...anyways we played a similar one at my friends baby shower and it was so funny! my cheeks were hurting after it was over!! lol thanks girl!!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Parke926 said...

Thank you so much! I did not want to pay for the game either and I definitely did not want to type it out so thanks for helping with copy/paste too! You have caused lots of fun and sharing!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Fulks said...

Thank you so much for this story/game. I am the Mother of the Bride and am planning and paying for everything, so any time I can find something for free it is a blessing!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!!!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! I have been searching everywhere for this story and am SO happy that I've found it!

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I like your story better than the ones I'd have to pay for!!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, it's about time soneone realized that is what we are supposed to do! Share away and I will let everyone know where I picked it up from! AMEN!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an angel! If my party is a success, I will owe a lot of it to you! I love your sharing attitude. More people should be like you!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooooooooo much!!!!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is awesome! I loved it. Was looking for a unique one for a baby shower and happened to stumble across this....great job!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS SOOOO much for sharing this game. it saves alot of money and time sharing with others. and i will do the same.. PASS IT FORWARD.. thanks again. Beth

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the story, I am master of ceremonies at a bridal shower and have been running into the same thing with fees. Sad really!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home