Monday

Life Changes

The most exciting thing in our lives right now is that my husband has taken a job at my company! He spent 9 years working as a government contractor, but in October his project came to a screeching halt and he was being paid to go to work and do nothing. The government couldn't decide what they wanted the programmers to do with the software, so the engineers couldn't move forward with building out networks because no one knew what configurations would be needed for the future software.

The thing about my husband is that if he isn't doing something, he's not happy. He's very much like my father. Not being productive makes for a bad day.

My company has been looking into web work and e-commerce, and my husband has a solid background in e-commerce sites from the consulting work he been doing on the side over the last 5 years. He was offered a position and decided to make the move.

Some things about our life have to change... going from a 150,000 employee company to a 65 employee company is hard. We took out a 2nd Mortgage to pay off our credit card, and we just hope having a steady payment will help. The good news is he's so much happier now! I'd rather be married to a happy husband with some lifestyle changes than be married to a grump and just keep on the way we were.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debs - debslosingit.com said...

I'm glad he's happier- happier husband equals a happier you and between the two, a happier home. :)

But you just said all that yourself. hehe

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home