Friday

Quit Yer Bitchin!

I love living where I live! The views are amazing, the air is clean, and the weather is nice (although unpredictable). I think my second biggest pet peeve (first being stoopid drivers) is that no matter the season, no matter the weather, people find it necessary to bitch about everything weather related. In the last two weeks the weather has ranged from the high 80s to the low 30s, with sun, wind, rain, sleet, fog, and the like. I love the variety in weather... it makes any piece of my winter/summer wardrobe pretty much interchangable from season to season, and it's fun to see what the day is going to bring.

I have yet to hear anyone I work with say something nice about the weather without a complaint immediately afterward. The following statements have been said to me in the last two weeks:

"The temperature is ok, but it is just too sunny."
"I wish when it gets cold like this it would just snow."
"It would be a beautiful day if the wind would stop blowing."
"Why is it so hot in my car? The sun has only been out 15 minutes!"
"All this humidity makes my sinuses happy, but my hair keeps going flat."
"Shouldn't April showers be here by now? It's too hot & dry for this time of year."
"It seems colder than I thought it would be, I shouldn't have to be wearing a coat in May!"

The people who make the above statements are also the types who ask when the summer heat hits 100+ "Is it hot enough for ya?" I hate them all! I appreciate the variety we have. If the weather were the same all the time it would be like eating Corn Flakes every breakfast for the rest of your life. I'd prefer to get Diced Ham & Eggs, Toast with Strawberry Jelly, Bagels with Garlic Herb Cream Cheese, Honey Nut Cheerios, Crossiants, Fruit Slices & Yogurt... even if I don't choose the meal, I can be happy it's something new.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how in late winter it can snow and then melt and be 70 the next day. Sure the unpredictability sucks sometimes when you assume the weather today will be like the day before and you plan something outside only to be brutally rebuffed, but that is what I miss! I miss Colorado so much I love the random rainshowers that seem to happen at 4pm every day in the spring/summer. Slap all those people for me!

4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. We get some nice warm weather and they're all, "Oh my God it's soooo hot!". As soon as it cools down they're hauling scarves and coats out of the cupboard and complaining about how cold it is.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home