Sunday

Nazca Lines

As you may know, I am busy with a house guest over the next two weeks and do not have much time to dedicate to my posts. With that in mind, I will briefly discuss the Nazca Lines in Peru.

This ancient wonder is another on my list of "Things to see before I meet my maker." I am fascinated by the ingenuity of ancient cultures to create any sort of structures or landmarks that are still tangible to the world today. The Nazca Lines interest me particularly because of their sheer scale. Scattered all over the desert are drawings of monkeys, dogs, hummingbirds, and arrow-straight lines that span great distances. I can't draw a straight line on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, let alone drawing lines that span a landscape.

Click here to learn more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home