Saturday

Getting Out

I love going to the Festivals! Get out in the fresh air, eat some fried foods, and shop for entirely overpriced stuff. Knowing that I'm moving, I spent entirely too much money this weekend.

Last week I spoke to a painter at the Renaissance Festival - who's work I have admired for years. Truly, the only justice anyone can do in buying her prints is if they buy them on canvas because her work is AMAZING. It just so happened that last week I had a chance to speak to her and tell her what a huge fan I am of her art... and we talked for awhile about my art background, her dragon interpretations, and the weather. Finally, I got around to asking about her latest sgraffito which featured a GIANT dragon with tiny little kittens crawling all over it. She said that cats and dragons to her are alike in mystique and grace - - and truly are similar creatures by legend.

The picture was black & white - hiding the kitties from view until at first. I love her colorized dragons, but that piece was what I wanted to buy.

"Well, if you want, I can colorize the design for you. It will be a one-of-a-kind, but I think that would be appropriate for someone who is such a fan to have in their home."

I was speechless... She asked for a week to complete her work, and said it would be ready for me on July 7th.

The sgraffito is absolutely amazing. Check out "Nine-Lives" via the link below...

Thank you NANCY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home